Nominate Your Teacher
Teachers become teachers because they believe in the potential of young people. If your teacher has made a difference in your life, consider honoring them by nominating them for one of the following Nebraska awards for agricultural teachers!
Honorary State FFA Degree – Due February 15
The Honorary State FFA Degree is a way to honor agricultural education instructors/FFA advisors for their accomplishments to the local chapter and community. Honorary State FFA Degree Applications are due by February 15 . Those selected will be honored during the Nebraska FFA Convention as an Honorary FFA Degree recipient.
Gary Scharf Helping Hand Award – Due March 1
Established in 2009, this award recognizes a Nebraska agriculture instructor/FFA advisor for what they’ve done in “helping others,” specifically in the school and community, outside of agricultural education and FFA. The recipient of this award is one who exemplifies the commitment, self-sacrifice, and genuine kindness that defined Gary Scharf’s life.
Information about the Award:
- One Nebraska agriculture instructor/FFA advisor will be recognized annually with a plaque and $500 cash award.
- Anyone can make the nomination – students, fellow teachers, school officials, parents and/or others in the community.
- The recipient will be announced and recognized at a session during the Nebraska State FFA Convention.
Please see the following link for the application which is due March 1:
Nebraska Farm Bureau Agriculture Educator of the Year Award – Due March 1
Agriculture Teacher of the Year Award
The two selected teachers will be awarded $1000 to be used by their FFA chapter.
- The teacher and their students will be recognized at the State FFA convention.
- A plaque and check will be presented during a convention session.
- All applications must be typed or printed.
- Application form may be reproduced, but applications must not exceed two pages.
- Winning teachers may not be re-nominated.
- A recommendation from the teacher’s school must accompany this application.