Agricultural educators know that preparing the next generation for Nebraska’s largest industry is a responsibility that requires them to be at the top of their game. Sharpen your skills as a professional, increase your knowledge of advances in agriculture, and expand your ability to make a difference by participating in professional development opportunities!
Agriculture includes vast and diverse topics! Search here for professional development by category, to explore areas of specific interest to you.
PDWs: View Archived Professional Development Webinars
Tip: When viewing a video, click the small gear icon in the bottom-right of the video player to select a higher quality stream.
- Ag Biotechnology CDE – January, 2023. Overview of the Ag Biotechnology CDE, with Leah Sandall. Video here. Resources here.
- Ag Communication CDE update – Walk through the 2022 Ag Communications State CDE with Dr. Taylor Ruth. View the recording here. Updated video for 2023 NE Ag Comm CDE here.
- Ag Mechanics CDE update – 2022 CDE overview of the Ag Mechanics State CDE. Link to recorded webinar here.
- Ag Sales CDE – Overview of the 2023 Ag Sales CDE. Watch the recording here. Resources here.
- Environmental and Natural Resources CDE – Walk through the CDE itself and review resources for the 2023 State CDE. Video here. Power Point here.
- 2022 State FFA Convention webinar – All your questions answered, as you prepare for the NE State FFA Convention, 2022. Recording link here. Powerpoint with links found here!
- Farm and Ag Business Management CDE Pilot Team Event – YouTube link (2022) for here.
- Food Science CDE update – Updates as you prepare for the 2022 State CDE. YouTube link for Food Science.
- Meats Evaluation and Technology CDE – coaching guide geared primarily toward 4-H judges, presented by Briana Buseman (2022). Recording link here.
- Meat Evaluation and Technology CDE Update – Review the steps in the CDE process as you prepare for the 2022 Meats Evaluation and Technology CDE, presented by Briana Buseman. Recorded webinar link here!
- Nebraska World Food Prize – Hear from Renee Donner to learn more about two options to participate in the 2023 Nebraska World Food Prize. View the recording here. Additional information – PowerPoint, information sheet, and resources.
- Parliamentary Procedure – Dr. Daniel Foster’s video session
- Teacher Retirement Advice – Review of advise for teachers, to assist in making good decisions for a strong retirement plan (2022). Recording link here.
For more information, please contact Stacie Turnbull.
Professional Development Scholarships, 2023
Scholarships for Professional Development completed during the summer months. Funds can be used to pay for 50% of any PD registration costs OR 50% of equipment costs. Only ONE Foundation will be awarded and are awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
Nebraska Career Education (NCE) ConferenceYounes Conference Center 416 W. Talmadge Rd, Kearney, NE, United States
The NCE Conference is a professional development learning opportunity featuring national and state CTE leaders. The focus of the conference will be to address current and ongoing themes related to CTE instruction. Sponsored by the Nebraska Department of Education, Nebraska...
Technical skill workshops for STS and Ag EdSoutheast Community College
June 12 - 14 @ Southeast CC -- Workshops held 8:00a - 4:00p at TCA, Lincoln campus at 84th & O, Lincoln, or Milford Campus. Register here: https://forms.gle/SxM2jiKFEpDZMMh49 Construction - Residential Framing, Room TCA-106, June 12 - June 14 (Section...
Drone and Urban Ag WorkshopNortheast Community College Norfolk, NE
June 13 - 15, at Northeast Community College, Norfolk, NE. Three days focused on drone basics, drone flying and data analysis. Lesson plan activities for horticulture/urban ag curriculum will be provided. $300 stipend for participating in all three days. Lunch...
Technical skill workshops for STS and Ag EdCentral Community College, Columbus
June 13 - 15 @ Central CC -- https://www.cccneb.edu/hs-professional-development-workshops. Please register for the Central CC workshops using this link provided so they are aware of your registration. Workshop will be held at 9:00 am - 3:00pm at Columbus campus, North...
Summer Biotechnology InstituteNeogen, Lincoln, NE
Learn how to implement an authentic research experience in DNA and dog behavior in your course, through an experiential learning opportunity. Work with biotechnology industry partner Neogen for this exciting opportunity. Curriculum, supplies, and onsite support provided during the school...
NAAE Region III ConferenceAlexandria, MN
Join fellow agricultural educators, from Region III, for exciting professional development opportunties, industry tours, and networking. Registration cost will be provided through a generous donation from the Nebraska FFA Foundation. More details to come.
Technical skill workshops for STS and Ag EdSoutheast Community College
June 19 - 21 @ Southeast CC -- Workshops held 8:00a - 4:00p at TCA, Lincoln campus at 84th & O, Lincoln or Milford Campus. Automotive Electrical, Room 137 - Milford Campus, June 19 - June 21 (Section 816) Plumbing,...
Engler Guide ConferenceThe Engler Space UNL Dinsdale Learning Commons, 1625 North 38th Street, Lincoln, Nebraska
An educator’s conference focused on teaching with an entrepreneurial mindset, powered by the Engler Entrepreneurship Program. What do entrepreneurship and teaching have in common? More than you think. Imagine what schools could look like with more teachers thinking like an...
NCTA Ag Ed BootcampNebraska College of Technical Agriculture 404 E 7th St, Curtis, Nebraska
2023 NCTA Ag Teacher Bootcamp June 26-June 29, 2023 (check in June 25) Topics include: Ag Mechanics - Advanced Welding Equine Management Ag Mechanics - AC Electrical Wiring and DC Devices and Schematics Ag Mechanics - Basic OA and TIG...
Food Science CASE InstituteWayne High School
Food Science and Safety is a specialization course in the CASE program of study. Students complete hands-on activities, projects, and problems that simulate actual concepts and situations found in the food science and safety industry, allowing students to build content knowledge...
Intermediate WoodworkingJohnson-Brock High School 310 Main Street, Johnson, Nebraska
Intermediate woodworking. We will dive into Dados, Miters, Tenons, pocket hole joinery, and table saw jigs to make nightstands and cabinets. Cost does not include lodging.
Technical skill workshops for STS and Ag EdCentral Community College, Grand Island
June 27 - 29 @ Central CC -- https://www.cccneb.edu/hs-professional-development-workshops. Please register for the Central CC workshops using this link provided so they are aware of your registration. Workshops held 8:00a - 3:00p at Grand Island Campus, Center for Health and Technology...
Tri-State Delta ConferenceNebraska College of Technical Agriculture 404 E 7th St, Curtis, Nebraska
Agricultural educators from Nebraska, Kansas, and Colorado will gather for five days of instruction focusing on helping teachers reconnect with their passion with a focus on student engagement/innovative teaching strategies, and leadership within their community and school. Delta starts on...
Briggs and Stratton Beginner CTE Field SchoolScottsbluff High School 1722 First Avenue, Scottsbluff, NE
Disassemble and reassemble a horizontal shaft OHV Briggs engine. Get a semester-based curriculum and additional resources within the Briggs Power Portal. Teachers will receive a textbook, a clear carburetor, and other teaching resources. Includes lunch each day, does not include...
NAAE ConventionPheonix, AZ
Held in conjunction with ACTE's CareerTech VISION, NAAE members have access to both conventions for one price. NAAE schedule to come!